2.01.2012

Starting Solids

Will is now 5 1/2 months old...solids are just around the corner.  I could have started already according to my pediatrician, but Will hasn't been acting hungry or waking up extra in the night.  He is just starting to sit up pretty well, though, and I think I'm ready to begin this journey with him.  I want to make my own food as much as I can--but what food to start with?  What time of day?  How much?  When to increase?  How much breastfeeding do I maintain?  This is all a daunting task!

So, where to begin?  Well, I hit the library!  I'm reading up and getting a plan in place....  Exciting!

2 comments:

  1. We followed Annabel's super food schedule. But we held off on grains, since they are really hard on baby bellies. Once we did introduce grains we only gave them oats, not rice. The book has some of my favorite recipes and the schedules she provides makes it a no brainer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks for the advice. The Superfoods book is one of the ones I bought so I can refer to that schedule. Good tip on grains...this is the stuff I'm trying to research! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...