2.16.2012

Six Months

Wow.  What a month.  In the last 30 days, Will has grown more than any other month so far.

He's sitting up now.  With a Boppy pillow around him he does really well, but even on his own, he can sit up for several minutes without falling over.  He is excited now that he can reach his toys and move them from one side to the other.

Speaking of his toys, it's amazing to see the gross motor skills he now possesses.  Just a few months ago I was thrilled when he batted at a toy!  Now, he's grabbing, sucking, chewing, throwing, shaking them all over the place.  He can work the stations in his exersaucer.  He can work the spinner and he can press the buttons and pull the toys to make music.  He can even press the buttons on the little cell phone toy and hear it talk back to him.  He can even reach up and spin the football dangling on his mobile (time for that to go!).  It's truly amazing how aware he is and how easily he picks up on how things work.  It's fascinating to watch him with his "thinking face" figuring out this big world.

He's rolling over easily now from tummy to back--so easily that the second I lay him on his tummy, he will flip over!  (There goes Tummy Time!)  Occasionally he'll roll from back to tummy, but he's still working on mastering that one. 

We started solid foods.  I've bought organic produce, rice, and oatmeal, and made his own little purees.  Even though I'm pretty excited about this fresh, flavorful food, Will isn't so sure.  He mostly makes disgusted faces and gags when he eats.  We've had a little success with bananas and carrots, however, so there is hope!

He has two bottom teeth!  They are barely there, but oh, I can feel them.  They have just popped through the surface, finally justifying my mama instinct that for a couple weeks now, Will has just been a little "off"--well, no wonder.  It looks very painful.  I think the top two are right behind, but we'll just have to wait and see.

I am loving getting to know my son as he grows and develops and his personality is being revealed.  He is so joyful and loving.  It doesn't take much to make him laugh--just a funny noise, a whisper in his ear, a little dance.  He plays games with me just for the joy of it.  And he is still a cuddlebug, which I love!  Often when I'm holding him, he'll hang on my neck, wrapping his little arms around me and resting his head on my shoulder like a big bear hug.  I take in those cuddles and hug him back tight.  I hope he's never too cool to hug his Mama!

I can't believe how much he's grown in half a year.  And I can't believe that in another six months we'll be celebrating his first birthday!  In the meantime, I'm just trying to soak it up and take it all in.  I love this little guy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...