2.07.2012

Solids

We started solids!  Will is 5 1/2 months old, and I started a couple of days before his official due date (he came a week late), so I was sure his intestines were ready to go.  He has nearly doubled his birth weight (he was born 9 lb 7 oz; he is now 18 lb 4 oz) and he is sitting up pretty well, and putting everything in his mouth.  He still isn't acting hungry after feedings or between them, and he isn't waking up more than once in the night, but I thought this was a good time to go ahead and give him s couple of tastes, just to get him used to the idea.

So, we started with just a teeny bit of rice cereal one day, watered-down pureed sweet potatoes the next, and pureed carrots the next day.  I plan to continue with a new food each day around lunch time so that if he has a reaction, I can spot it and trace it to a specific food.  I do not anticipate any food allergies since they do not run in my family or Alex's.  But, better safe than sorry.



The food has been met with mixed reaction.  He certainly doesn't seem to LIKE it.  I think he just doesn't know what to do with it!  It is so foreign to him...and yet to think of all the millions (billions) of bites of food he will have in his lifetime!  It was a memorable first! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...