2.21.2012

"Me Time"

I have a never-ending mental "to do" list.  I am a do-er.  I am a task-oriented person.  I like to always have a project that I'm working on, on top of the every day stuff that has to get done like folding the laundry and scheduling a vet appointment.  These days it's things like trying new recipes, reading new books, keeping up with Will's scrapbook, and this little blog.  These are largely things I need to do by myself.  These are the things I do in my "Me Time." 

The trouble is that in the last couple of weeks, I haven't had a lot of "Me Time."  I was sick, then Will was sick and I have been using every minute of his nap times to catch up on sleep myself or get done the daily tasks of showering, cleaning, etc.  These activities make me feel productive, but they don't fill me up like my "Me Time" activities do. 

I miss my "Me Time."  I know I will figure it out and adjust, but I miss that feeling of Saturday mornings with absolutely nothing that I HAVE to do.  I love the small windows of time when I feel like I'm "Off Duty"--when I hand Alex the monitor or when I go to the grocery store or the gym.  And as much as I love playing with Will, I also love the times when the house is quiet and I can just do what I want to do. 

Aaahhh....me time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...