1.16.2012

Five Months

Will's fifth month of life was action packed!  He saw 3 of his great grandmothers, celebrated his first Christmas, took a road trip to Dayton, met lots of friends and family members, visited Papa's office, took his first walk in the stroller without the infant carrier, and saw his first snowfall.

He seems to have really changed this month.  I notice now that his limbs are becoming much more proportionate to his body.  He can reach the top of his head!  He has a little chub on his thighs that's usually protruding from his diaper.  His hair is starting to come in again.  His face is rounder...and so is his belly.  Sometimes I get him up from a nap and could swear he grew another inch while he was sleeping.  He's wearing almost all of his 6-month clothes now!

He's changed in other ways.  Or we've changed.  I feel like we get each other now, in a weird way.  He's much more of a companion to me during the day.  Even though he can't talk, I feel like I know what he's saying now...and I think now he's starting to understand me, too.  His behavior is more predictable, his demeanor is more consistently pleasant, and his movements are more intentional.  He can reach for something, pull on a toy, or push that same toy away if he doesn't want it.  I don't want to admit it, but he's already learning how to manipulate me!  My continuing attempts at getting him on a regular nap schedule are examples of that!

Holding him for any length of time is enough to know that  he wants to move!  He can't wait to be crawling around and standing up on his own.  For now, he scoots around just a little on his back on the floor, hr jumps in the Jumping Johnny, and he stands with support every chance he gets.  Grasping his fists around my thumbs, he can pull up to a sitting and standing position.

He has noticed his hands and they are fascinating to him!  He will stare at them, and then reach for anything in sight--Mama's fingers, Daddy's lower lip, Bella's ear (oops).  He still seems a little surprised that he was able to control that movement all by himself.  And everything goes into his mouth.  He's started sucking his thumb!  Which is pretty darn cute, really!

I'm enjoying him now more and more as I'm discovering his personality and witnessing his joy for life.  I'm so blessed!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...