1.28.2012

Do the right thing?

Twice now I have lived this scenario:

I go shopping with Will in the stroller.  I shove things to buy in the basket underneath, hang some things on the stroller handle, hold some things in my hands.  I pay and leave.


As I load Will into the car I notice there are items in the bottom of my stroller basket that I did not pay for.  Oops.  I am faced with a dilemma.

In both cases, the items totaled no more than $5.  In both cases it was cold (January in Chicago) and I have a baby who wants to get home and eat.  In both cases, of course, I'm parked far away from the store entrance.

In both cases I went back into the store and paid for the items.  I know that my behavior as a mom is setting an example for Will.  I also know that he is 5 months old and can't understand what's going on, but I want him to be a person who always does the right thing.  And so I must also be that person.  All the time.  Even now.  Little eyes are watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...