11.20.2011

I Love the Baby Stage

Why do I love babies? Why do I love these moments with Will in these early months? Yes it's difficult. It's a huge transition. My time is not my own. He can only communicate with crying. He has no set schedule. It's really hard to go anywhere. I spend a lot of time on the couch breastfeeding. A lot.

But I love it. Every day is different. Will is growing so quickly that I want to soak up every moment knowing he will never be just like this again. With the physical growth is incredible developmental growth. Every day he does something he couldn't do the day before. To watch this is to truly witness a miracle. To think that a year ago he did not exist...and now he is a complete human being. This is God's handiwork in full display. We are his greatest masterpiece of creation.

And this masterpiece fits perfectly in my arms--and he wants to be cuddled and held and rocked. There's nothing better than the feel of his head heavy on my chest, content, or asleep, peaceful and secure.

I feel privileged to be a part of leading this child on this journey of life. Each day I get to introduce him to some new facet of life. How amazing. Through his eyes I see life completely differently, like everything is new again.

I love knowing that I am responsible and able to meet all of his needs. When he cries, I can fix it (most of the time!) and I'm rewarded each day with smiles and coos that absolutely melt my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...