12.10.2011

Life is Sweet

"That it shall never come again is what makes life so sweet."
Emily Dickinson

I have made this my new screensaver.

On those nights when Will is inconsolable, and those times when I want to just have a minute to myself and he won't let me put him down, and those reheated dinners I eat because I had to nurse while Alex ate, and those 3am wake-up calls when all I really want to do is sleep in...at those times, I remember that these days will never come again and therefore, even in those times, life is sweet.

And on mornings when Will nuzzles in my shoulder, and those times when he lets out the most adorable baby laugh, and those times on the changing table that he smiles and "talks" to me with a wild range of pitch, and those moments when he wraps his tiny little hand around my finger...at those times, I remember that this moment will never come again and therefore, I savor it, soak it up, recognize its uniqueness and think to myself that life is so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...