1.31.2012

We Have a Schedule! (Sleep Training Continued....)

We finally have a semblance of a schedule in place. 

At about 4 months, when Will started to resist naps in my arms or the swing, etc., and when I knew he was biologically ready to settle into a rhythm, I paid close attention to his sleepy signs.  When he got tired, I put him in his crib to sleep.  He would often cry--miserable. 

BUT, we're past that and he's sleeping great now!  I kept a sleep log and identified times of the day that Will most often fell asleep.  Then I also noted that more important than that, just about 2 hours after he woke up from a nap, he was fussy again.  Like clockwork. 

So, now we have some predictability and NO CRYING at nap time!  Or bedtime, for that matter.

7:00am: Wake up

9:00-10:30am: Nap #1

12:30-1:30pm: Nap #2

3:30-4:15pm: Nap #3

6:30pm: Bedtime routine begins (bath, pajamas, nursing)

7:30pm: Will falls asleep nursing and I take him up to his crib

This varies some, but most days, this is what I can plan on.  He is getting up once in the night, anywhere from 2-5, and going back to sleep after a feeding.

I really can't complain.  And I have Dr. Weissbluth to thank!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...