1.29.2012

My Favorite Time of Day

My favorite part of the day is singing to Will before nap times.  He usually gets 3 naps a day (we have finally settled in on a schedule!) and before each one, I strap him in the baby carrier, take him up to his nursery, bounce him a little, and sing.  He will often reach for my thumbs and wrap one little fist around each one.  After a couple songs, he'll lay his head on my chest and I will rest my cheek on the top of his head.  It is such a content, safe feeling.  I soak in his smell.  He hears my heartbeat.  I could hold him like that for hours.

But I have to put him down.  And then used to come the WORST part of the day: Listening to him scream as he resisted sleep!  But we're pretty much past that now, thank goodness.  I can enjoy the soothing rituals without fearing the tears.  

And so that's why it's my favorite time of day.

This photo is a little old now--my, how he has grown!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...