5.04.2012

Now I have to actually be a parent? Ugh.

It has begun.  We now look at Will and say "No."  My little innocent angel is now pulling my hair, clawing at my face, taking the washcloth out of my hands as I'm trying to wash down his face, grabbing at poor Bella.  Yikes.  I don't even think he understands exactly what "no" means.  I do.  And it sucks.

I loved these early months of not saying "no" to anything.  My whole goal was to let Will explore his surroundings...nothing was off limits.  Sure, put that in your mouth.  Yes, you can touch that.  What does it feel like? 

All of a sudden, he can get into things that are bad for him and I have to lay down the law.

I guess this is parenting.  A struggle between your love for your kid that desires for them to have fun and enjoy life, and your love for your kid that desires for them to stay alive and in one piece.  And not only that, but to become a person who is of good character. 

I don't want to always be saying "no."  I have to be conscious in the future of making sure that I say "yes" enough that Will experiences life.  But I have to be willing to say "no."  And mean it. 

I'm just scratching the surface of this whole parenting thing.  I'm going to need a LOT of help.  If I struggle with saying "no" I'm going to struggle with a lot worse things.  Yikes.  God help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...