7.26.2011

Pregnancy Privileges

I'll admit: I've really enjoyed the "pregnancy privileges" that accompany these nine months.  People (from Alex to complete strangers!) have just looked out for me in a unique way.  It's sweet.

It's sweet when, in a hurry, Alex unloads the bottom rack of the dishwasher before he heads to work so I don't have to bend over, and when he puts on an extra layer instead of adjusting the thermostat because he knows I'm always warm.

It's sweet when the clerk at Target opens a new check out lane just for me.

It's sweet when cars stop to let me cross the parking lot.

It's sweet when my mom vacuums the house and makes dinner while I take a nap.

It's sweet when people randomly give us onesies or plush toys just because they are excited about a baby.

It's sweet when the receptionist at the vet picks up my dog food and carries it to the car--no questions asked.

So...what about "baby benefits"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...