7.30.2011

Nearing the End

It's easy to get consumed by the discomfort of these last few weeks of pregnancy.  It's easy for me to complain about not being able to sleep well, and not being able to bend over, and it's easy to get frustrated by how often the baby pushes on my bladder, ribs, or lungs.  And it's just plain hot!

But I want to also try to enjoy these last days.  Pregnancy is such a unique, amazing experience.  To think that there is a full-size baby inside of me is a crazy thought...and it doesn't last long.  So I want to remember also how incredible it is.  He'll often stick himself out and move in a way that I can tell exactly how he's positioned.  It's comforting to go to sleep every night and feel him moving around, poking, kicking, tickling me, and wake up every morning to the same feeling.  It's amazing to feel him respond to my touch--when I rub my belly along his back, he squirms contentedly.  When I put my hand on my stomach or scratch an itch, he'll meet me with a little kick or a punch.  At night, after dinner, I can look at my stomach and literally see him moving around, popping out on one side, then the other.  Sometimes he stretches and pulls in a way that makes my belly completely lopsided. 

I'm ready to meet my son and cuddle him, kiss him, and see what he looks like!  In the mean time, though, I'll try to keep my perspective focused on the positive, and enjoy these last days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...