9.06.2011

Back to "Normal"?

Everyone says that with the baby, we'll find a "new normal."  This is true.  Things are different now and we've been dealing with a huge adjustment in these first couple of weeks.  Perfectly timed, my husband and I had the privilege of a date night this weekend.  Will is only 2 1/2 weeks old, but his four loving grandparents volunteered to take care of him and let Alex and me go out.  In preparation for the occasion, I tried on my pre-pregnancy jeans...and they fit!  I couldn't believe it.  They were snug, but they fit.  That motivated me to put on a little extra make up and pull out some fun jewelry.  I felt like the old "me"!

Leaving Will wasn't as hard as I thought it might be.  It felt strange to leave Will (he has hardly been out of my sight since he was born!).  But as soon as Alex and I got into his car, it felt like old times.  It felt "normal"--just us.  We had a great night at dinner and hardly talked about the baby.  We allowed ourselves to just enjoy being out together and not worry about what's going on at home. 

Of course our idea of normal will change as Will becomes more and more a part of our lives and activities.  Soon it will feel "normal" to be all together with Will and it will feel abnormal to be out alone.  So I guess we're still in transition, still adjusting.  All I know is that I can't wait to be back in my normal wardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...