12.08.2011

Scary

I took Will to the Pediatric Dermatologist this week.  He has a birthmark on his scalp that needs to be removed.  This will involve surgery using general anesthesia and should be taken care of in February or March of 2012. 

The doctor called the spot a "nevus sebaceus" and I've been researching it online.  There doesn't seem to be too much known information about the cause or effects of these things.  They are somehow related to hormonal and genetic causes.  They can become cancerous in adolescence and can be a sign of a neurological or skeletal disorder (though my doctor didn't mention these possibilities). 


This is scary stuff.  Scary to think of the surgery, scary to think of the anesthesia, scary to think of future consequences.  It's a test of my promise to trust Will to God.

I often sing to him the old hymn "Take My Life and Let It Be."  I've started changing the words to one verse, singing instead: "Take my Will and make him thine.  He shall be no longer mine."  It's hard to surrender, but that song makes it a conscious act on my part.  God is in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...