12.30.2013

To Blog...or Not To Blog?

I have not written anything here in a long time.  Not since I got pregnant and tired.  I decided I needed to spend nap time, well, napping...so that's what I did.  I have struggled with whether or not I should continue writing.  I want to.  I have lots to say...lots to remember and record.  I have a bad memory, so I like the idea of a lasting record of those melt-your-heart moments.  On the other hand, I want to be fully present for those moments.  For me, that requires being rested.  And I require a lot of rest.  I also want to make sure that I'm present for those moments and enjoying them, not just taking pictures so that I can post them later. I don't want to live my own life vicariously.

So, I think I'll continue as I can, when I can.  This blog is really just for me.  A place to ponder, reflect, process, improve.  A place to challenge myself to get better and to look for encouragement when I stink.  I want to be honest and let other moms know that they aren't alone in their fears and failures. 

Motherhood is tough.  And a little lonely.  Writing, letting other people into my world, makes me feel like I'm not alone, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...